The NBIA Disorders Association is a small, collaborative organization, and our impact multiplies with each new team member who shares his or her story and hosts a fundraiser.
Our staff is dedicated to providing support and resources to individuals and loved ones affected by NBIA. We hope you will find this toolkit useful.
Fundraising is crucial to the work we do. We are entirely funded by our families, friends, and sponsors, including private and corporate foundations. Our small team ensures that every donation, no matter the size, goes-the longest way possible. Otherwise, we could not fulfill our mission--to provide support to families, educate the public and accelerate research with collaborators from around the world.
You can support us by holding a fundraising event and donating the proceeds to the NBIA Disorders Association. There are many fun and creative ways for you or your organization to raise money. Possibilities include:
- Organize a run or walk
- Host a casual dinner party for friends, neighbors and colleagues
- Hold a golf tournament
- Organize a bake sale or dessert party
- Host an awareness event at a local fair/school/church/synagogue
- Host a tournament at your local school, roller-skating rink or bowling alley
- Organize a dinner/dance with a silent auction
- Any idea, big or small, helps and has an impact on the work that the NBIA Disorders Association does every day
Need some help getting started?
NBIA Disorders Association is here to help guide you through the steps and offer you the tools to pull off your event! We can help with the following event planning tasks:
- Brainstorming concepts
- Designing and creating fliers
- Customizing information brochures with your event info
- Offering templates from solicitations to thank you letters
- Helping with thank you letters to supporters
For more information about having a fundraiser to support the NBIA Disorders Association, click here to download our Fundraising Tookit and/or contact Marsha Bryan, Director of Development at (619) 396-0380 or email@example.com.
Create your own Fundraising Page using FirstGiving.org
Once you have a date, place and time, create your own fundraising and event page using FirstGiving.org.
FirstGiving is a secure, online service and a terrific way to promote your event and raise support for it at the same time. With FirstGiving’s resources and tools, you can easily create your own personal fundraising page that allows you to:
- Set a goal and track your progress
- Add photos and captions to personalize your page
- Write a message to let folks know why you’re raising funds
- Write a thank you note that is automatically sent to supporters after a gift is received
The donations are sent directly to the NBIA Disorders Association.
Visit www.firstgiving.com/NBIAdisorders to see how others have used this resource.
For help setting up your page or assistance getting started please contact us at development@NBIAdisorders.org.